Three easy tips to gain Balance in the Rising Trot

We al lknow that one ofthe best ways to help our horses work well, is to make sure we're ridng in good balance.  Using rising trot is a great way of freering your hrose's back, energising the hind legs and encouraging forward movement.

However, I often see riders 'behind the movment' essentially applying the hand-brake and expecting the horse ot pull them along too.  Usually, it is the mechanism of the rising trot that can be improved.

So, other than going up and down in time to the trot, how do you actually do rising trot (sometimes called posting)?  If you've been riding for a while, actually analysing what you do can be a challenge.  Here are three easy mechanisms which will help;

1  Imagine you're trying to push down and forward with your knee as you stand up and then again as you sit down.  You'll feel a bit of a stretch down the front of your thigh while you do this and a forward pull on your seat.

2  You might feel, at the same time, as if your heel is pushing back and down towards your horse's hocks, creating a bit of a stretch down the back of the calf.

3  At the same time, the hip flexor mechanism at the crease between the top of your thigh and your torso 'pops' out and forward.  You might also feel a bit of a squeezing up and forward with the muscles at the base of your glutes.

These actions can create an incredible amount of lift, power and energy to the trot as you stay in effortless balance with your horse. If you're struggling to find the 'feel', try rising to the trot without your stirrups - yes really.  Without the stirrup iron to push up on, the energy will have to come from your seat and legs.

Let us have some video of you trying this out - a before and after would be great!

9 Comments to Three easy tips to gain Balance in the Rising Trot:

uk.bestessays.com reviews on 24 July 2018 21:38
I must say you guys always share the best content on your forum but I think it would be great if you could hire an essay service to help you write the details.

Caryn Cameron on 06 August 2018 09:11

Essay Writing Help | https://www.essaychamp.co.uk on 06 September 2018 13:07
I am thinking about riding horses in near future as it has always been on my to do list. Your advice will be used once i am going to start riding it.

cv writers on 09 October 2018 01:09
You are right. They are easy and really useful for me!

Jack on 09 October 2018 11:04
I am reading the three easy tips balance in the rising trot for here. I am glad to know that the article is really very good. Click here

ryanjackson on 16 October 2018 05:14
Thank you so much for sharing this very useful post. This is information is very useful and helpful about the tips of gain balance in the rising trot. I am very impress by this information. Keep sharing. epdm rubber roofing

best paper writing service on 16 October 2018 06:38
This balance earning tip is very nice for those people who are interested to get more and more money in short time. But they also have to keep in their minds that in every shortcut way there are some unpredicted flaws.

garage storage racks ideas on 16 October 2018 07:33
Truly inspiring article, I have really enjoyed while reading this blog because you have been talking about many interesting things in this post. I will bookmark your post..

how to decorate on 01 December 2018 06:42
This is a very awesome post.