RSS

Recent Posts

Top Five Confidence Building Tips
#coachingquestion
#coaching question
life, camels’ backs and dustbins
Meditation

Categories

Canine
Coaching Questions
Confidence - or is it?
Confidence tips
Disruption or Sabotage
equine facilitated development
Is it my worry?
My dog's yellow
resilience
the future me
The New Year?
these things keep happening to me!!
Through the Mind of the Horse
Who are you and how do you ride?
Who are your greatest teachers?
Who's looking after you?
powered by

CAN I REALLY DO THAT?????

What a couple of days I've had!  I've decided to take a leap of faith and look at how I can combine my knowledge and success with coaching and personal development with my love of horses.  It got me to thinking about how we make decisions about our lives and take new directions.  I can tell you, it's a scary world!  The first thing I noticed was the number of times I talked myself out of it all.  'I couldn't possibly', 'no one would be interested', 'what if I can't do it?' etc etc.  Sound familiar?????

The first thing I did was find out what I have a passion for, what really makes me get up in the morning, what do I get excited about when I imagine it happening.  There were two things;

I have always loved supporting people in their development and then finding the best way to do this.

Horses have been in my life since I was nine when I 'made' my Mum and Dad take me for lessons.  They thought I'd give up ..... little did they know!  Horses have an innate presence which they are so willing to share with us; I think they help us re connect to the world around us as they've never really left it.

The second thing I did was look at what I wanted my life to look like in two years' time.  I love my life as it is, but I know it won't stand still and I want to be directing it, not just along as a passenger.  What I found was that the two areas above (supporting people and horses) were still very large, but that they seemed to be even more linked than they are today.  This picture enabled me to work out how I could make this happen and when I did, I felt so excited!

How many of us get very caught up in progress, better, higher, faster, better paid etc.  Now I'm not suggesting that this isn't a good way to run life, but what if we could do this whilst remaining grounded, positive, balanced and well?  Seems like an unattainable challenge?  Well, I don't think so and I think I know a way to explore how things could be different!!

This is just the first step on this new venture - hope you'll stay tuned and see how things work out.  In the meantime, maybe the two steps I took above will help you see what your future holds and help you take steps towards it.

6 Comments to CAN I REALLY DO THAT?????:

Imitation Watches UK on 25 August 2013 07:30
A few anxiety away, a aboriginal black-and-white Yves Saint Laurent anorak hangs on a rack. Wainwright's fingers ball beyond the aerial fabric, eventually endlessly on an abrupt account ambuscade central a pocket.

cabas Vanessa Bruno cuir on 16 September 2013 04:09
Importants rabais qui signifie jusqu'à 60 pour cent. Pour un Sac Vanessa Bruno qui se vend habituellement pour 2000 dollars, on a acheté en ligne peut coûter aussi peu que 5 cents dollars. C'est d'énormes économies!

quality replica swiss on 28 August 2014 14:13
Even though room rates vary from inn to inn, you're bound to find the cheapest prices for just about any hotel by looking online. Finally, the Glitterati Collection comprises the dress sandals range. Intro photo of cats fighting at PC: Malingering on flickr see here.

wenger swiss military watch on 31 December 2014 14:40
One more thing. I think that there are quite a few travel insurance web pages of dependable companies that allow you enter your journey details and find you the insurance quotes. You can also purchase an international travel insurance policy online by using your current credit card. All you should do will be to enter your travel specifics and you can see the plans side-by-side. You only need to find the plan that suits your allowance and needs and then use your bank credit card to buy them. Travel insurance on the internet is a good way to start looking for a respectable company to get international holiday insurance. Thanks for giving your ideas.

watches for men luxury on 07 January 2015 19:26
My spouse and i ended up being absolutely glad that Emmanuel could carry out his analysis while using the ideas he received out of your site. It's not at all simplistic to simply possibly be giving freely facts which often people today may have been selling. Therefore we know we have the blog owner to thank for this. The most important illustrations you have made, the straightforward website navigation, the friendships your site assist to foster - it's all spectacular, and it's really helping our son in addition to our family recognize that that situation is enjoyable, and that is seriously important. Thank you for everything!

Fake Handbags Uk on 14 December 2015 09:12
I did was look at what I wanted my life to look like in two years' time.